- Insure Your Dwelling Only. Lots of homeowners have the misconception that they need to take out a policy that covers the full value of their home. This is unnecessary. Your policy really only needs to cover the cost of rebuilding your home and any other structure on the property. After all, if a disaster were to occur your home may be destroyed, but the lot surrounding it is still there.
- Buy Auto And Home Insurance From The Same Company And Save. Insurance companies offer deep discounts when you insure both with them. Pet owners who are looking for pet insurance may want to use this method as well.
- Take The Highest Deductible You Can Afford. Raising a deductible from $250 to $1000 may save you about $150 per year. This may also discourage you from filing minor claims, which brings us to the next tip.
- File Claims As Seldom As Possible. The more often you file a claim; the more likely they are to raise your premium. If it is a minor issue it may be wise to pay out of pocket. This could save you money in the long run.
- Choose Pets Carefully. Believe it or not insurance companies could raise your rates depending on the breed of your pet. Take the Pit-bull for instance. This breed has a bad record of causing liability damages, and the insurance companies will raise your premium as a result.
Great Deal on Pork Roasts at Food Saver This Week! - With the food prices about to rise dramatically due to the draught out West, you may want to stock up on this great deal. Food Saver has pork roasts on sa...
3 years ago